Tips For The Festive Season
The Royal St. Lucia Police Force would like to take this
opportunity to share a few safety tips with the members of the
public, especially during this festive season.
1. When banking, take note of the persons around you. Sometimes
criminals come to the banks and occasionally even take the line
in an effort to see who is withdrawing large sums of money.
2. When making a withdrawal, ensure that you secure the money,
either in a wallet or in your pocket, while you are still in the
3. Avoid checking large sums of money in open view. This practice
can be an attraction to criminals.
4. Please do not keep large sums of money or valuable items in
your hand bags. You may be at risk of someone grabbing your bag.
5. Be careful when shopping. Ensure that other persons are not
sticking too close to you while on lines. Anyone who plans to
pick you will usually try to get close, even bump into you.
6. Ensure that your vehicles are properly secured and valuable
items are not left in full view of persons passing.
7. Remember to wear your seatbelts, especially during the Christmas
season. It is the easiest and best way to prevent injury in a
motor vehicle collision.
8. When attending a party, always designate someone to be a non-drinking
driver. If you are the host of a holiday gathering, be sure there
are non- alcoholic beverages available for guests who are driving.
9. At home, be sure open flames are kept away from decorations
or other combustible materials. Don’t leave children unattended
in a room with candles, and always keep candles, as well as matches
and lighters, out of reach of children.
10. Keep all alcohol out of reach of children.